If you care about WHAT + WHY new things are happening at Godly Womanhood, read the mini-novel below. There’s also a giveaway right at the bottom!
Here’s a little recap.
One late night in 2012, God told me to start a blog. It wasn’t like most other times when He’d speak in tender caressing whispers, or when He’d make His presence known with the gentle swelling of love in my soul. This time His voice was louder, stronger, commanding — the way it is when He’s about to give me some life-changing revelation/instruction. So I began to blog, albeit infrequently + not necessarily well (here’s the first post), and soon the blog was circulating around the world with emails pouring in from all the continents asking for prayer, mentoring, advice. I loved this part of the ministry, and was happy to serve the Kingdom primarily as a “blog writer”.
But God had more in mind.
One day in 2015, Holy Spirit taught me how to start a business with the Godly Womanhood Shop. It was a steep learning curve with countless sleepless nights, mistakes, and tears – but also one filled with open heavens, signs + wonders, and so much grace (a little of the journey here). Fast forward one year later, we celebrate the ONE-YEAR BIRTHDAY of the shop. We’re giving to vulnerable groups around the world, as well as about to get an office space of our own (pray along with us in this!) and employ other women. I am just super grateful to be on this ride as long as He’ll have me, and I’ve so loved running this ministry as a “blog + shop”.
Buuuuut God is always doing a new thing, right?
Remember that one time Jesus, as the Lion of Judah, asked me to come away with Him and I refused? (here’s the story) Well, as it turns out, He did have something important to tell me. Because of my disobedience, it’s taken me the past month to finally get the whole vision which I could’ve gotten in a day if I had just listened. Lesson learned, and I thank God for His ever-willing heart to forgive when we repent.
This past month, the Lord’s given me some of His vision for the ministry going forward, and I’m excited to share it with you! We’re moving away from being a blog, or a shop, or a blog + shop — although we will still be doing all these things — and getting more streamlined + holistic in what we do.
Basically, we will begin functioning more intentionally as a ministry.
First off, this year we’re going to make it all about knowing the fullness of God — getting to know Him, individually AND wholly, as Father, Jesus, and Holy Spirit. We’re also going to do this — extend the arms of the ministry so that others get a platform to serve.
Simply put, we’re going to make it all about glorifying God + serving you.
1. EVENTS. God’s heart is to go deeper with you. These events have been prayerfully planned with YOU in mind, and we believe that they will woo you deeper in love with God + give clarity about His purposes for you. I am SO excited about getting you soak drenched in His presence through these events, and also getting to meet you in person!
**Check out 2016 workshops/seminars/retreats in the Events menu at the top – workshops are now open for registration and spaces are limited!
2. RECEIVE PROPHETIC MINISTRY. God wants to prepare your heart to be a resting place for His presence. These sessions will plant good seeds, strengthen the roots, and uproot what’s getting in the way. This one little arm of the ministry is close to my heart, and I’m really looking forward to get way in deep with some of you this coming year.
3. OPPORTUNITIES FOR INVOLVEMENT. We get requests from many who believe in our mission and want to get more involved, and we’ve kept that on the back-burner for a bit simply because we haven’t had the time/capacity to facilitate that. Until now! I am so thrilled to announce that we are now opening our arms to YOU to share your gifts + get showcased to the world, all whilst blessing thousands of women world-wide.
**Find out more about our volunteer positions in the Get Involved menu at the top – we welcome your questions too!
So now that all that’s said, how about a giveaway to celebrate?
We’re celebrating the shop’s one-year birthday + all the new ministry things! You pick how many times you enter the draw (you can enter once every day!). What are we giving away, you ask? Well, here it is.
TWO people will win a set of the following PLUS an extra set for a friend each.
- “Hustle Like a Lady” To-Do Notepad
- “Bloom Where You’re Planted” Mug
- “Bloom Where You’re Planted” Case
Now, I’ll stop talking and you guys go enter and we’ll see you on the internet. We’ve got some amazing things up our sleeve for the ministry this year and we sure hope you’ll follow along!
Let’s do this!
** Floral phone case sponsered by CaseApp and designed by us.